Thursday, October 16, 2008

The will of God vs. logical thinking

A woman I adore thinks I am smart, maybe even a genius. A woman I dated thinks I have a great business mind. A woman I slept with thinks I am one of the most unique minds she ever worked with. The woman I dated for years thinks I have a dominating personality, which blinded the above people. Now that I am finished bragging about my “good fortunes”, on to the point. Oh…all my male friends say I am an alcoholic.

I don’t think I am a genius, or a great business mind, or even a unique mind, but I am an unencumbered mind…plus a “fairly” dominant personality (ENTJ). The biggest encumbrance on most minds is religion. I have an uncle who weighs 325lbs. I talked to him about losing weight and his response was, “If god wants me to lose it, I will.” Including my mother, 2 uncles, 2 aunts, and my grandparents, only one aunt lived above the poverty line. When I spoke to my remaining living family members about being financially secure they said, “If god wanted me to have money, he would have given it to me”. Just so you know, it is not only my family, two very well-to-do business partners told me “If god wants this (our new business venture) to be successful, it will happen”…I walked away. This is not about waiting for God to be successful, but it is intended to show how people allow their religious beliefs to dominate their life…be it their success or their ability to think logically.

I am not rich, nor am I a Harvard grad so I don’t have to worry about McCain calling me an elitist, but I am happy the masses believe in religion. It gives them rules and structure. Most people don’t have the internal moral structure I have (with a history of multiple sex partners and drug-related activity), so the irrational fear of “hell” is good.

Though I have heard it a few times, I don’t believe I am very intelligent. I am not saying this to be modest. I know I don’t allow religion or emotion or interfere with the important decisions. My male friends would say that is just the alcohol talking…

Talk2Me

GrannyVendetta

0 comments: